THE BASIC BLACK BLUR—PLUS PARTIAL SERRATION
This is one of the original Kershaw Blurs, the Blurs that started it all.
Like all Blurs it’s equipped with a big, slightly recurved blade that’s ideal for multitasking. The blade shape offers both excellent slicing and piercing capabilities and the high-performance Sandvik 14C28N stainless blade steel offers corrosion resistance and hardness. The black Blur has a DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) coated blade for extra corrosion resistance and enhanced looks. This Blur's partially serrated blade provides additional cutting power for making short work of rope, cord, and other fibrous materials.
As you might expect, the black Blur has black handles with Trac-Tec grip-tape handle inserts for an extremely solid grip. The handle itself is durable 6061-T6 anodized aluminum, sometimes described as “aircraft aluminum” since it is a common material used for aircraft fittings. But the main point is that it’s lightweight, extremely durable, and—when anodized—accepts a dye so we can create colored handles that are scratch resistant and extra tough.
For easy one-handed opening, the Blur is equipped with SpeedSafe assisted opening. A short push on the thumbstud overcomes the resistance built into the torsion bar in the SpeedSafe mechanism. The SpeedSafe takes over and the blade moves out of the handle quickly and easily. One-handed opening is easy with SpeedSafe. The pocketclip is reversible for your choice of tip-up or tip-down carry. There’s even a pre-drilled lanyard hole.
· Scallop Serration Serrations assist in cutting through particularly tough or fibrous material, such as rope or cord. The scalloped serration offers even cutting power on both push and pull strokes and doesn't “tear” the material as much as other serration styles.
· SpeedSafe® Assisted Opening Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
· Inset Liner Lock A strip of stainless steel is riveted inside the knife’s handle—most commonly when the handle is a lightweight material. This enables us to create a slimmer, lighter knife, while still providing the strength and security of a locking liner.
· Reversible Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
· Made In The USA When you see this on one of our knives, it means the knife was made in our Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.
Made in the USA
· SpeedSafe assisted opening
· Thumb stud
· Inset liner lock
· Reversible pocketclip (right, tip-up/tip-down)
· Lanyard hole
· Steel: Sandvik 14C28N, DLC coating
· Handle: 6061-T6 aluminum, black anodized, Trac-Tec inserts
· Blade Length: 3.4 in. (8.6 cm)
· Closed Length: 4.5 in. (11.4 cm)
· Overall Length: 7.9 in. (20 cm)
· Weight: 3.9 oz. (110.6 g)